- THE GRAND JURY PANEL, FOR SELECTING THE MOST EMINENT AWARDEES FROM DIFFERENT WALKS OF LIFE, FOR THE 12TH INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS AWARDS -2022
- Shraddha murder case: What probe in Delhi & Mumbai reveals
- Indian Top Human Rights Voices for the People
- Top human rights organizations in india, Indian Press Trust
- Morbi cable bridge collapse incident | I express my condolences to the families, Dr Anthony Raju
- धर्म के नाम पर देह का शोषण:प्रेग्नेंट होते ही छोड़ देते हैं, भीख मांगने को मजबूर खास मंदिरों की देवदासियां
- Delhi Kendriya Vidyalaya Alleged Gang Rape: Are Schools Safe for Girl Students?
- गरीब के दर्द को समझो , उसके साथ खाना या ऑटो में बैठना यह राजनीति खेल है , यह बंद करो ?
- दिल्ली के स्पा में महिला से सामूहिक दुष्कर्म, पुलिस ने 2 आरोपियों को किया गिरफ्तार
- Undertrial rape accused molests doctor inside Mandoli jail, case lodged: Delhi Police
Ukraine says destroyed Russian naval vessel in Azov Sea
Plumes of smoke and flames in the port of Berdyansk in the Azov Sea, on the site where reportedly the large landing ship 'Orsk' of the Russian Black Sea Fleet is docked. (Courtesy: AFP)
Ukraine on Wednesday said it had struck a Russian naval transport vessel docked in the Azov Sea near the besieged port city of Mariupol, a month into the Russian invasion.
The Orsk large landing ship of the Black Sea Fleet of the occupiers has been destroyed in the port of Berdyansk captured by Russia," the Ukrainian navy wrote on social media.
Plumes of black smoke billowed from a large gray vessel docked next to big cranes in amateur footage of what the Ukraine navy said was the strike on the ship.
There was no immediate response to the claim from Russia's defence ministry and AFP could not independently confirm the strikes
Russia's state-run TASS new agency earlier this week had described the arrival of landing craft as "an epic event" that "opens up opportunities for the Black Sea in terms of logistics," citing the Russian defence ministry-linked television channel, Zvezda.
TASS reported that the vessel was capable of carrying up tp 1,500 tonnes of cargo.
Berdyansk is situated around 80 kilometres ( 60 miles ) to the west of the strategic city of Maiupol, which has been encircled and heavily damaged by Russian forces.
Thousands of civilians have escaped Mariupol through evacuation corridors but some 100,000 people remain lacking water and electricity.
Kyiv says more than 2,500 people have been killed in the city since Russian President Vladimir Putin launched his invasion of Ukraine one months ago.
Russian force have advanced further in southern Ukraine but only control Kherson, a town of approximately 200,000 people.